Quinoa & Vegetable Salad
All your favorite vegetables combined for a deliciously flavored Quinoa and Vegetable Salad.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can gluten-free garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can gluten-free whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounces) can gluten-free diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup quartered pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup gluten-free feta cheese, crumbled
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from tablespoon.com
Rinse quinoa under cold water 1 minute; drain. Cook quinoa as directed on package; drain. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in small nonmetal bowl, place lemon juice, oil and basil; mix well. Set aside for dressing.
In large bowl, gently toss cooked quinoa, beans, corn, tomatoes, bell pepper and olives. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with basil leaves if desired.