Corn Dog Bites
- Corn Dog Muffin Bites (Makes 40)
- 1 3/4 Cup Cornmeal*
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Vegetable Oil
- 3 Hot Dogs, cut into 1/2-inch coins (turkey, veggie or beef)
1. Preheat oven to 425° degrees.
2. Mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, buttermilk, eggs and oil.
4. Pour the dry cornmeal mixture into the wet ingredients and thoroughly combine with a whisk.*
5. Pour one tablespoon batter into greased mini muffin cups.
6. Lay turkey dog slice cut side down in the center of each batter-filled muffin cup.
7. Top with an additional tablespoon of batter.
8. Bake for 14 minutes and serve.
* Boxed cornbread mix also works great in this recipe. Follow the directions of the boxed mix and skip to step 5 to continue making the bites.