HG Sassy Wonton Tacos
PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, 2 wonton tacos): 96 calories, 1g fat, 302mg sodium, 12.5g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 3g sugars, 8.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 2*
- 8 small square wonton wrappers (usually stocked with the tofu in the refrigerated section of the market)
- 1 cup dry coleslaw mix
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp. Newman's Own Lite Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing (or another low-fat sesame ginger dressing)
- 4 oz. cooked and shredded (or finely chopped) skinless lean chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. BBQ sauce with about 45 calories per 2-tbsp. serving
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spray the inside and outside walls of a deep square or rectangular baking pan with nonstick spray. Evenly drape the wonton wrappers over the pan's walls on a diagonal, making triangle-shaped "shells." (Use two pans, if needed, to keep wontons from overlapping.) Bake until just crispy enough to hold their shape, about 3 minutes.
Remove pan from the oven, but leave oven on. Carefully remove wontons and gently open to form "taco shells." Set aside.
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine coleslaw mix, cilantro, and dressing. Mix well. Cover and microwave for about 1 minute, until slightly softened. Set aside.
In another bowl, combine chicken with BBQ sauce; mix well and set aside.
Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute the BBQ chicken among the shells, followed by the slaw, about 1 tbsp. of each per shell. Lay the filled shells gently on their sides on the baking sheet.
Spray the shells lightly with nonstick spray. Bake until warm and crunchy, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly and then serve!