Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Browned Butter
- 4 to 5 large sweet potatoes
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 c fresh orange juice
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
Prick the sweet potato several times with a fork and place on a baking sheet. Bake for about 1 hour or until tender.
2. Halve the sweet potatoes,scoop out with a spoon into bowl,mash until smooth.Whip in half of the butter and the 1/2 cup orange juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. In a small pan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter until it is a light golden brown. Spoon the potatoes into a serving dish and drizzle with the butter.