Herbed Chicken Paillard
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 1 1/4 lb. total, pounded to 1/3" thickness
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1-2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbs. chicken demi-glace
- 2 tbs. minced fresh chives
- 2 tbs. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbs. minced fresh tarragon
- Summer vegetables tian for serving*
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour; shake off excess. In large saute pan over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tbs. oil. Add chicken, cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side; add more oil and butter to pan if needed.
*Transfer to warmed plate; cover loosely with foil.
Reduce heat to medium; add shallot. Cook, stirring constantly until translucent, 1-2 minutes. Add vermouth, stock and demi glace; cook, stirring, until thickened, 3-5 minutes. Stir in chives, parsley and tarragon; season with salt and pepper. Return chicken to pan; coast with sauce. Transfer to platter; top with sauce. Serve with summer vegetable tian. Serves 2.