- 8 ounces goat cheese softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound thin-sliced Genoa salami (15 very thin slices of 5"-dia salami)
- Parsley for garnish
In a bowl, cream together the goat cheese, cream cheese, and butter using a rubber spatula or heavy wooden spoon. Add the chives, garlic, basil and black pepper, and mix well until smooth and creamy. Adjust the seasoning, to taste. Transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a small tip.
One at a time, pipe the flavored filling into the sliced salami, turning the salami over onto the filling to form a cornet, or horn shape. Refrigerate until slightly firm.
Arrange on a decorative platter and garnish with parsley. Serve cold or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 15 cornets.