Andrea recommended from Food Network
- 5 cups Water
- 2-1/2 cups Quinoa, minced
- 5 small Cucumbers, peeled, ends trimmed, cut into 1/4-in cubes
- 1 small Red Onion, diced into 1/4-in cubes
- 1 large Tomato, cored, seeded, diced
- 1 bunch Italian Parsley Leaves, chopped
- 2 bunches Lint Leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 4 heads Endive, trimmed and in separate spears
- 1 Avocado, peeled, seeded, diced for garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
o Bring water to a boil in large saucepan.
o Add quinoa, stir once, and return to boil at medium heat for 12 min.
o Strain and rinse well with cold water, shaking colander well to remove all moisture.
o When dry, transfer quinoa to a large bowl.
o Add the other ingredients and mix well.
o Spoon into endive spears as border around bowl.
o Top with avocado garnish.