Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Brimming with blueberries and topped with an orange flavored streusel, this homemade coffee cake is a low-fat alternative to commercial fare.
- 1 large egg
- 2 TB canola oil
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c reduced fat sour cream
- 1/3 c low fat buttermilk
- 2 1/3 c all purpose flour
- 1 TB baking powder
- 1/2 tsp five spice powder or cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c fresh blueberries
- 1/4 c packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 2 TB butter
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 7x11 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine the egg, oil, and granulated sugar. Whisk until pale yellow, then whisk in the sour cream and buttermilk. In a large bowl, mix together 2 cups of the flour, the baking powder, and five-spice powder. Mix i the egg mixture. Pour the batter into the baking dish, then scatter the blueberries on top.
3. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, orange zest, butter, and the remaining 1/3 cup flour. Mix with the back of a fork until crumbly, then sprinkle over the batter. Bake until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly.
Per 1/12: 225 cal, 6 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 27 mg chol, 145 mg sodium, 40 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein, 101 mg calcium