Shrimp and Chorizo in Garlic Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound spicy Mexican chorizo, casing removed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet or Vidalia onion
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled deveined shrimp (16/20 count)
- Crusty, chewy bread, for sopping
In a medium straight-sided pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat and saute the chorizo and onions, breaking the chorizo up with a wooden spoon while cooking until it resembles ground beef.
Add the adobo, paprika and a few grinds of black pepper.
Cook until the fat is rendered and the onions are tender and cooked into the chorizo, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add the remaining oil and the garlic and lower the heat to medium-low. Let the flavors infuse over the low heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
Add the shrimp to the garlic oil, raise the heat slightly, and stir and turn to cook the shrimp evenly, 6 to 8 minutes.
Serve as an appetizer on toothpicks with crusty, chewy bread
You'll also love
- OLD BAY Shrimp and Pasta Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni moose casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon Chowder ala Nordstrom 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana pudding - Tracy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pf Chang's Shrimp With Candied... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Pop Pulled Pork 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cherry Caramel Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramel Corn - Better Made 0/5 (0 Votes)