Gluten Free Tortilla Chips
- 3/4 cup (3.5 ounces) Gluten Free Flour Mix A
- 6 tbsp. fine cornmeal
- 3/4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/2 About 1/2 cup (4 fluid ounces) warm water
- Cornstarch, for dusting
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Salt and chili powder, for dusting
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
1. Place the flour, cornmeal, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add enough warm water to form a soft dough.
2. Remove from the bowl, and knead well for 2-3 minutes, using a little dusting of cornstarch to prevent the dough from sticking to the work surface.
3. Divide the dough into 6-8 pieces, the smaller the pieces of dough, the easier it is to roll them out.
4. Dust a rolling pin well with cornstarch, and roll out a piece of dough as thinly as possible. Cut into small triangles.
5. Heat the vegetable oil to about 350 degrees. Check with thermometer or drop a piece of bread in and when it turns golden brown in 30 seconds the oil is ready). Deep fry the tortillas in small batches until crisp on both sides.
6. Drain well on paper towels, and dust with salt and chili powder to serve.