Lemon Garlic Grilled Artichokes
- 3 whole artichokes
- 1 1/2 lemons
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- cracked black pepper
Fill a large bowl with water. Squeeze the juice from one lemon into the bowl, saving the rind. Halve artichokes and immediately submerge in the water. Bring a 5-quart pot of water to a boil and add in the squeezed lemon rinds. Transfer the artichokes to the boiling water. Boil for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Heat grill on high. Empty the lemon water from the bowl. Add in juice from half a lemon, olive oil, crushed/minced garlic cloves, salt and pepper. When the artichokes are done boiling, drain them and toss them around in the bowl.
Turn the grill down to a medium heat. Add artichokes to the grill. Baste the artichokes with the remaining oil mixture in the bowl. Turn every five minutes until artichokes start to char. Remove from heat. Service with aioli dipping sauce.
You'll also love
- muffin - Applesauce Bran Muffins 4/5 (1 Votes)
- muffin - banana oat muffins 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Poblano-tomatillo salsa with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cauliflower and Brussels Sprout... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheese Garlic Biscuits 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sun-Dried Tomato & Garlic Dip. 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie Martini 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and... 4/5 (1 Votes)