Japanese Cucumber Salad
This Japanese inspired cool, crisp salad is as elegant and well balanced as it is simple.
- 2 medium cucumbers, or 1 large English cucumber
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted*
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from eatingwell.com
Peel cucumbers to leave alternating green stripes. Slice the cucumbers in half lengthwise; scrape the seeds out with a spoon. Using a food processor or sharp knife, cut into very thin slices. Place in a double layer of paper towel and squeeze gently to remove any excess moisture.
Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a medium bowl, stirring to dissolve. Add the cucumbers and sesame seeds; toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
*To toast sesame seeds, heat a small dry skillet over low heat. Add sesame seeds and stir constantly until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
You'll also love
- Coconut Crust Fruit “Pizza” 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Steak & Ale Pie 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheddar Pasta Salad 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Cucumber and Baby Pea Salad 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
Review this recipe