Deep Fried Chicken
Straightforward deep-fried chicken soaked in buttermilk, seasoned with adobo seasoning, and dredged in flour. Make sure to fry in peanut oil, which has a higher smoke point.
- Amounts will vary as needed:
- Chicken drumsticks, thighs and breasts
- Goya adobo seasoning
- Peanut oil for frying
Soak chicken pieces in buttermilk, preferably overnight, but at least 6 hours.
Heat oil in fryer to 325°F.
Only work with the pieces as you are ready to put them into the fryer. You don't want to prep too far ahead.
Follow these steps:
Drain chicken pieces.
Season both sides of chicken with Adobo.
Dredge chicken pieces in flour.
Let pieces rest for 5 minutes.
Fry pieces at 325°F, dark meat for 15 minutes and breasts for 12 minutes.
Drain pieces on cooling rack placed on baking sheet.
Repeat process with remaining pieces.
Cut the fried breasts in half crosswise to create two smaller servings.
You'll also love
- Honey Garlic Chicken 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Fragrant Prawn, Crab & Salmon Thai... 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Classic Crispy French Fries in an... 3.9/5 (23 Votes)
- Rotisserie Chicken Club Wrap 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Breaded Chicken with Vinegar... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken Livers, Southern Fried 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Popeyes' Buttermilk Biscuits 4.2/5 (21 Votes)