Spaghetti with Eggplant, Ricotta and Tomatoes
try substituting low fat cottage cheese for the ricotta cheese to lower calorie count
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 1/2 lb.), ends trimmed, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
1. Lay eggplant on paper towels and season with salt. Let stand 15 minutes. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Preheat gas grill or broiler to high.
2. Blot eggplant dry with a paper towel. Brush on both sides with 3 Tbsp. oil. Grill or broil, turning once, until browned and softened, 6 to 8 minutes total. Set aside to cool slightly, then coarsely chop.
3. Cook spaghetti as package label directs until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Toss spaghetti with eggplant, tomatoes, basil, garlic, Parmesan, remaining 2 Tbsp. oil and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper, adding cooking water as necessary to moisten. Toss with ricotta and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Macaroni moose casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon Chowder ala Nordstrom 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana pudding - Tracy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cherry Caramel Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramel Corn - Better Made 0/5 (0 Votes)
- ZUCCHINI QUICHE IMPOSSIBLE PIE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vegetables - Edisto Tomato Pie... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Eggplant 0/5 (0 Votes)