Vegetable Beef Soup
Great soup for a chilly winter day. Easy to make and serves many...
- 2 # ground beef
- 1 Large V-8 vegetable juice + 3 cans of water
- 8 0z Acini de Pepe pasta (very tiny pasta)
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- Large bag frozen vegetables (carrots, peas, etc)
- pearl barley (&/or bay leaves)
- l large can diced tomatoes
- 1 can regular cut green beans (with juice)
- Beef flavored base for taste
Preparation time 120mins
Cooking time 120mins
Brown meat in large pot, then add water to loosen meat. Add juice and let come to boil. Add onions, pasta, celery & let boil for about an hour. Taste to see if it needs some base - usually a couple of T's needs to be added.
Add frozen vegetables, barley, diced tomatoes & green beans with juice. Let simmer for about 1/2 hour. This makes a very large pot. If too much cut in half. A lot of the time needed to make this soup is time spent letting the soup boil or simmer.
This soup can also be frozen in managable portions and thawed as needed.