Spicy Garlic Shrimp and Grits
- 1 cup grits
- salt to taste
- Cheddar Cheese
- 2 lb shrimp, peeled, patted dry between paper towels
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2-4 garlic cloves, crushed with the side of a knife
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 ⁄4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Add 4 parts cold water to 1 part grits and some salt. Stir well.
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil a minute or so until they begin to thicken, stirring constantly or they will lump.
Reduce heat to low. Partially cover pot with a lid and let simmer until thick and creamy.
Add cheese to your taste. Cover and let them sit while you make the shrimp.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
Add olive oil, butter, garlic, tomato, and red pepper flakes. Saute until tomato starts to soften.
Stir in shrimp. Saute shrimp 2 or 3 minutes or just until they curl and turn pink.
Season with salt & pepper.
Toss with lemon zest, juice, & chopped parsley.
Serve over plain or cheese grits.
You'll also love
- Microwave French Onion Soup 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Delicious Catfish Classique 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Blackbery Orange Scones 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Baked Walleye with Shrimp 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Red Potato Salad with Sour Cream... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Low Carb Shrimp Mock Fried Rice 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Garlic Butter Sauteed Clams 4.3/5 (7 Votes)