Quick Quinoa Salad
Super easy and healthy quinoa salad with onions, red bell peppers, garlic and basil. Good and good for you!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, sage, rosemary or thyme, optional
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon ground pepper, or to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from penzeys.com
In a medium saucepan, bring the broth to a boil.
Add the quinoa, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large bowl.
In a medium frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper and garlic and cook just until tender. Add the onion mixture, basil and optional herbs to the quinoa. Season with salt and pepper. This dish can be served hot or cold.
You'll also love
- Zesty Quinoa Salad 4.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Colorful Spring Quinoa Bowl 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Simple Granola Bars 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Mousse Canapés 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Pumpkin Raisin Cake Recipe 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Quinoa, Cucumber, Tomato and Feta... 4.1/5 (49 Votes)
- Paleo Pad Thai with Sunshine Sauce 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cake 4/5 (15 Votes)