Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 med. onion, diced
- 1/4 c. flour
- 4 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. water
- 1 lb. broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
1. In a medium pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook stirring occasionally, until softened 8 minutes.
2. Add flour and cook, stirring until combined, about 1 minute.
3. Whisking constantly, add chicken broth and water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking occasionally, for 10 minutes.
4. Add broccoli and bring to a simmer. Cook until broccoli is very tender, about 20 minutes.
5. Blend mixture with an immersion blender until smooth.
6. Add 1/4 c. heavy cream and heat over medium until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper. Thin with broth or water, if desired.