Deviled Crab Casserole
By: Helen Bachman
"AFTER creating this recipe, I later pared it down to serve two. I serve this entree often, since it's so easy to assemble. Along with a green salad, dessert and coffee, this casserole makes a quick, delicious lunch or dinner. -Helen Bachman, Champaign, Illinois"
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat - drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted, divided
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cook Time: 20 Min
1. In a bowl, combine crab, 3/4 cup of bread crumbs, milk, onions, eggs, salt, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper. Add 4 tablespoons of butter; mix well. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
2. Combine remaining bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees F for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown and edges are bubbly.