Crawfish-Corn Maque Choux
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons Essence (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- 4 cups fresh white corn kernels
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 8 ounces cooked crawfish tails
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Rice as accompaniment
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- Finely-diced tomatoes for garnish
In a large saucepan or skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions, celery, and bell peppers, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and 1 teaspoon of the Essence, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the corn and cook, stirring, until fragrant and just golden, about 5 minutes.
Add 1/4 cup of the chicken stock and cook until almost all evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of stock and cook until almost all evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add the crawfish, remaining 2 teaspoons of Essence, and salt, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the cream, bring to a boil, and cook until the crawfish are warmed through and the sauce is thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove from the heat and serve with rice, garnished with the green onions and tomato concasse.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (469 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (279 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)