GINGERED SHERRY PORK ROAST
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 pork roast (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 12 baby carrots
- 23 baby red potatoes
- 6 petite onions
- 1 cup sherry
- 3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped chives
Adapted from crock-pot.com
1. Heat oil in cooking pot over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic. Cook and stir 30 seconds. Remove garlic with slotted spoon. Add pork roast and sear on all sides until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove roast; set aside.
2. Drain excess cooking grease from pot, and then place carrots, potatoes and onions into Slow Cooker. Place seared pot roast on top of vegetables. Combine sherry, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger and pepper in small bowl. Pour over roast.
3. Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours. Baste occasionally with sherry sauce.
To serve, remove the roast and let it stand for 10 minutes. Slice the pork roast and return it to the stoneware with the vegetables and sauce. Garnish individual servings with the chives.