Cheesecake Ice Cream With Blueberry Syrup
- BLUEBERRY SYRUP:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold sour cream
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon very finely-grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Cream Biscuits (see recipe)
Chill a medium mixing bowl and the beaters of an electric mixer in the refrigerator. Prepare an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
In the cold bowl, beat the cream cheese at medium speed until soft and smooth. Gradually add the sugar 1/4 cup at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream and the cream. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla and beat just until thick and smooth. Cover and refrigerate until very cold (2 to 3 hours). Wash and re-chill the beaters.
Using the chilled beaters and gradually increasing the mixer speed from low to medium, beat the mixture until creamy, about 2 minutes. Pour into ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.
To serve, Place a warm Cream Biscuit in the bottom footed coupe bowls. Top with ice cream and Blueberry Syrup and serve.
For the Blueberry Syrup: In a saucepan, combine the ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until thickened to desired consistency. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature before serving with the Cheesecake Ice Cream. If thinner syrup is desired, strain through a fine mesh strainer while still hot. (Makes about 1 cup)
This recipe yields about 1 quart.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)