- 5 slices bacon cooked, crumbled
- 6 ounces farmers cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Homemade Creme Fraiche (see recipe) (or store-bought)
- 2 cans minced clams - (6 1/2 oz ea) drained, and juices reserved
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon white Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- 8 corn tortillas cut into wedges
- Vegetable oil for frying
Place bacon in a saute pan and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes. Drain and crumble bacon. In a bowl, cream together the farmers cheese and creme fraiche. Add the remaining ingredients, stirring to combine. Add the clam juice for consistency and taste. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bring to room temperature and adjust seasoning, to taste, before serving.
Heat a deep pot of oil or a fryer to 360 degrees. Add corn chips and fry until crispy and golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve chips with dip.
This recipe yields about 2 cups.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (703 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)