HOOTERS BUFFALO WINGS (COPYCAT)
- vegetable oil for frying
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup louisiana hot sauce
- Dash of ground pepper
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1 `/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 chicken wings, cut into thirds and wing tips discarded
- Ranch dressing
- celery sticks
Heat oil to 375 degrees F.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add hot sauce, black pepper and garlic powder and stir until well mixed.
3. In a gallon size zip- type bag, mix flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt.
4. Rinse chicken wings under cold water and drain excess watger. Drop wings into bag a few at a trime, shaking to coat after each addition. When all wings have been coated, remove from bag and place on wax paper-lined plate or tray. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to help set coating.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
6. Carefully lower a few wings at a time into oil. Fry 15-20 minutes or until light brown. Drain wings on a paper towel.
7. Place cooked wings in large ovenproof bowl or baking pan; pour sauce over wings and stir to coat thoroughly. Place in oven 5 minutes or so to make sure all wings are served hot.
8. Serve wings with celery sticks and Ranch Dressing on the side.