Zucchini, Sausage, And Shrimp Torte
- 1 pound shrimp peeled, and cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 teaspoon Essence (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- 3/4 pound chorizo halved lengthwise, and sliced into half-moon discs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 cups grated zucchini - (abt 2 lbs)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated Fontina
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch glass baking dish and set aside.
In a bowl, toss the diced shrimp with the Essence to coat, and set aside.
In a large skillet or saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook until the fat is rendered. Drain excess fat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the zucchini and oregano, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is wilted and about half of the liquid has evaporated, about 7 minutes. Add the seasoned shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp are pink and most of the zucchini liquid has evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
Break the eggs into the cooled zucchini mixture and stir well to combine. Add the Fontina and 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs, and stir well. Adjust the seasoning, to taste. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of bread crumbs with the extra-virgin olive oil, and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sprinkle the top of the torte with the bread crumb mixture and Parmesan.
Bake until set and the top is lightly browned, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Cornish Game Hens, With Orzo... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Quail, Country Milk... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Soft-Shell Crabs With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Soft-Shell Crabs With A... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fillet Of Pork With Rosemary-Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Parmesan 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ruth's Chris Steak House's... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Joe's Crab Shack's Stuffed Shrimp... 0/5 (0 Votes)