Soba Noodle Salad
- 1/4 cup rice-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces soba noodles (not 100 percent soba)
- 1 green mango, peeled and julienned
- 1 large red pepper, stemmed, seeded, cored, and julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Lime wedges, for serving
1.In a small bowl, mix together vinegar, ginger, tamari, fish sauce, lime juice, and cayenne pepper. Slowly whisk in oils until well combined; season with salt and pepper. Set dressing aside.
2.Fill a medium pot of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add soba noodles and cook according to the package directions, until al dente, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
3.Transfer noodles to a large bowl and add mango, red pepper, carrot, scallions, mint, and basil. Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
4.Drizzle with dressing; you may not need to use all the dressing. Serve salad with lime wedges