Miso Glazed Salmon
Found here in Key Ingredient - originally from Cooking Light, November 2002 A sweet-salty miso, brown sugar, and soy sauce glaze caramelizes in about 10 minutes as it cooks atop this rich, meaty salmon.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons miso (soybean paste)
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Arrange fish in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon miso mixture evenly over fish.
Broil 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting twice with miso mixture. Sprinkle with chives.