Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1 scant cup (4 ounces) fine rice flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 tsp sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp. (2 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 and 1/4 cups (10 fl ounces) buttermilk
- 3 tbsp. mild olive oil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Place the rice flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Place the egg, sunflower, melted butter, and buttermilk in a bowl and whisk well together. Gradually add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients stirring well between each addition; you should end up with a loose but thickish batter.
2. Heat a 9 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil.
3. Spoon in 4 separate tablespoons of batter to make 4 small pancakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, then flip over and cook until the other side is light brown. Repeat until all the batter is used up. Stack the panackes on a plate, and cover them with foil to keep them warm.