Jamaican Jerk Sea Scallops and Shrimp Brochettes
2 brochettes per serving: calories 120, total fat 5 gms, carbs 0gm, fiber 0gms, protein 16gms
- 30 (8 inch) bamboo skewers
- 2 tablespoons Jamaican jerk seasoning (pick a brand with low carbs and sugars; walkerswood brand)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound (16-20) shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 1 pound fresh sea scallops, medium to large
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes to keep them from burning later. Preheat the grill to medium high or use an indoor grill top or grill pan over high heat
2. Mix 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning with the vegetable oil in a bowl to thin and cut the hotness.
3. Lightly coat each piece of shrimp and scallop with the thinned jerk seasoning.
4. Thread 1 shrimp or scallop per stick to about 1 inch from the end
5. Place the shrimp or scallop brochettes on the edges of the grill with the longest part of the stick hanging off the edge away from the fire. Stay close and turn the sticks by hand to keep from burning. Brochettes are done in just 3 to 4 minutes.