- Glaze, optional:
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. vanilla yogurt, lowfat
- 3/4 c. granulated white sugar
- 6 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. maple syrup
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 2 T. granulated white sugar
- 1 c. fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 T. plain lowfat yogurt
1. Spray 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick spray. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, sugar, butter, eggs and maple syrup. In a third bowl, toss rinsed blueberries with 2 Tablespoons flour and 2 Tablespoons sugar, until coated.
3. Use a rubber spatula to fold wet ingredients into dry, just until flour is barely visible. Don't over-mix (the batter will be lumpy). Gently fold in the coated fruit.
4. Fill muffin cups using 1/2 cup batter in each.
5. Bake 20, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Meanwhile, whisk powdered sugar and 1 Tablespoon yogurt in a small bowl. Immediately brush this glaze over hot muffins. Bake 1 minute more, then let sit 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.