Hawaiian Pork Pineapple Buns
Chinese-style, glazed bbq pork tenderloin with a hint of the islands.
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. each worchestershire sauce & brown sugar
- 1 (1 lb.) pork tenderloin
- 1/4 c. each ketchup & hoisin sauce
- 1 tbl. each toasted sesame oil, minced garlic, minced ginger, soy sauce
- 6 slices fresh pineapple
- 12 Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- Butter lettuce
Preparation time 60mins
1. Place pork in large ziploc bag & marinate with salt, worchestershire sauce & brown sugar for at least 3 hrs.
2. Make the glaze: In a small bowl mix ketchup, hoisin, sesame oil, garlic, ginger & soy sauce. Reserve half the mix in separate bowl for glazing later.
3. Preheat grill 350-400 degrees. Lay pork on the grill & cook until meat reaches 135 degrees on meat thermometer, approx. 15 min.
4. Using a pastry brush and one bowl of glaze, cover pork with glaze, reserve 2 tbl. for pineapple. Cook the pork until glaze has slightly carmelized, turning occassionally. Cook until pork reaches approx. 145 degrees in the center.
5. Place pork on a cutting board, tent with foil, let rest approx. 15 min.
6. Lay pineapple slices on grill, brush with 2 tbl. glaze, cook, turning once, until grill marks appear, approx. 4 min. each side
7. Cut pork into 1/2 inch thick slices. Cut a large cut across the top of each roll. Fill each roll with one piece of pork, one slice of pineapple and a small piece of butter lettuce. Drizzle with 1/2 tsp. of reserved glaze.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Vegan Hungarian Eggplant 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pork Loin - Orange Glazed Pork... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Secrets Of Cooking Beef Prime Rib... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- PEACH PLATZ 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Applebee's Bloomin' Onion and... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Bisquick Pineapple Upside-Down Cake 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Paleo Jerk Chicken Pineapple Bowl 4.5/5 (2 Votes)