61 Calories (kcal)
4 g Total Fat
(49% calories from fat)
4 g Protein
4 g Carbohydrate
5 mg Cholesterol
110 mg Sodium
LEVEL I 2 tablespoons =1 condiment
LEVEL I I 3 tablespoons =1-1/2 condiments
LEVEL I I I 4 tablespoons = 2 condiments
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 4 cups fresh basil, packed
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 cup fat-free Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup white cooking wine
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Heat skillet over medium-high heat and toast nuts, turning until golden brown.
2. In food processor, puree basil, toasted nuts, and garlic. Add Parmesan cheese, wine, lemon juice, and chicken broth and process until blended. Add salt to taste and blend.
Serve on pasta, chicken, or seafood.
Store unused in refrigerator.