Decca's Chicken, Drunkard Style
Decca's chicken, drunkard style is the kind of recipe that you will make again and again, not only because your family is going to love it, but also because it is so easy to make and because it's super tasty. This recipe utilizes a half of a bottle of chardonnay, what you do with the rest of the bottle is our little secret. Serve this recipe with roasted or steamed vegetables, velvety mashed potatoes, rice pilaf, or a lightly dressed side salad for a complete meal that's perfect for Sunday dinner with the whole family.
- 1 (about 3-pounds) whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, shopped
- 1 carrot, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 bottle Chardonnay
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- GRAVY, OPTIONAL:
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 135mins
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Wash chicken with cold water. Place all ingredients in a large heavy pot and cover with an overproof lid. Place in preheated oven for 2 hours. Serve hot.
If you want thick gravy, remove chicken and vegetables from pot. Add 3 tablespoons cornstarch and 3/4 cup water to hot broth. Place back in oven until thickened to the desired consistency.
You'll also love
- Caramel Corn - Better Made 0/5 (0 Votes)
- AMISH BEEF & NOODLES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Feta, Bacon and Chive Stuffed Pork... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic-Lemon Chicken Breasts... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey Orange Teriyaki Chicken 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Where's The Crust Pizza 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 3-3-3 Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Whole Chicken/soup mix recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)