Ham and Bean One Pot
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper with seeds removed, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked ham
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Navy beans, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, undrained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1.In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
2.Add green pepper, onion, and celery, and cook 7 to 9 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the remainig ingredients; bring to a boil.
3.Reduce heat to low and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.