Amount per serving
Saturated fat: 7g
Monounsaturated fat: 5.3g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 cup chopped onion $
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon 40%-less-sodium taco seasoning mix (such as Old El Paso)
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
Cooking time 30mins
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and onion to pan; cook 6 minutes, stirring to crumble.
2. Preheat oven to 400°.
3. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add broth, taco seasoning, and tomato sauce to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1 1/2 cups tomato mixture to beef mixture; reserve 1/2 cup tomato mixture.
4. Place 1 tortilla in a 9-inch pie plate. Top with 1 cup beef mixture. Repeat layers, ending with tortilla. Spread reserved tomato mixture over tortilla. Top with cheese. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Cool slightly. Cut into 4 wedges.