Olive Oil Pumpkin Bread
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted pumpkin seeds (optional)
Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 350degrees F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk both flours, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder,nutmeg, and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, sugar, oil, and honey until well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir with a large spoon just until evenly incorporated.
Spoon the batter into the prepared pan smooth the top. Tap the pan on the counter a few times to settle the batter. Sprinkle the top with the pumpkin seeds (if using), pressing them down lightly.
Bake until the top is browned and a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes (if the bread begins to brown too much before it is fully baked, lay a piece of aluminum foil on top.)
Cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then transfer the bread to a rack to cool completely before slicing.
You'll also love
- Healthy Shrimp Po'Boy Recipe 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Easy Cranberry and Apple Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Carrot Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheesy Rhubarb Squares 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange Zucchini Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Olive Graden Caprese Flatbread 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Salad with green olives,... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Homemade Fresh Pumpkin Pie 4/5 (1 Votes)