Indian Spiced Turkey Breast
- 1 boneless, skinless turkey breast half, about 2 1/2 pounds
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat (2%) plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 centimeters cooked brown basmati rice
1. Coat slow-cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place turkey in bottom and pour broth over top. Mix together curry powder, cayenne pepper and salt; sprinkle over turkey. Scatter onion, ginger and cilantro leaves over turkey.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours. Add chickpeas during last 30 minutes of cooking.
3. Remove turkey to a cutting board and cover. Gradually whisk yogurt into slow cooker bowl; stir in chopped cilantro. Allow sauce to heat through.
4. Slice turkey and serve with cooked rice and the yogurt and chickpea sauce.