Classic Grilled Turkey
Take it back to a classic this Thanksgiving with this recipe for Classic Grilled Turkey. So simple and so delicious, you'll love serving this at your feast!
- 1 oven-ready turkey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Herbs, rub, or seasoning to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Rinse turkey and pat dry. Turn wings back to hold neck skin in place. Return legs to tucked position. Brush turkey with oil. Season to taste, inside and out.
Place turkey, breast-side up, in a roast holder set inside a large heavy-gauge foil pan. Place in center of cooking grate. Cook 11 to 13 minutes per pound to an internal temperature of 180°F in the thigh and 170°F in the breast. Remove turkey from grill and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
To collect drippings for making gravy, pour a little water into foil pan. Replenish water as needed to keep drippings from burning. Remove pan from under turkey about 30 minutes before bird should be done and make gravy. (Continue cooking turkey in the center of the cooking grate).
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese 3.8/5 (1682 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.4/5 (757 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4/5 (1095 Votes)
- Lipton Souperior Meatloaf 3.7/5 (654 Votes)
- Roasted Turkey Breast Tenderloins 4/5 (451 Votes)
- Stuffed Turkey Breast with... 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Grilled BBQ Pork Chop Sandwich 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steamed Fish Wrap In Kemiri Nut... 0/5 (0 Votes)