HG's Better Bruschetta Chicken Salad
- Bruschetta Topping
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes (about 2 tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion (about 1/4th of an onion)
- 2 tbsp. drained and chopped roasted red peppers (packed in water)
- 2 tbsp. sliced black olives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- One 4-oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlet
- Dash each salt and black pepper
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 tsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
- 1 stick light string cheese, cut into coins
- 2 tbsp. fat-free or low-fat balsamic vinaigrette
Adapted from barrazine.com.br
MAKES 1 SERVING
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for bruschetta topping and mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
Spray a grill pan (or skillet) with nonstick spray, and bring to medium heat on the stove. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and place in the pan. Cook for 4 - 5 minutes per side, until cooked through. Once cool enough to handle, slice chicken into strips and set aside.
Place lettuce on a large plate or in a large bowl. Add bruschetta topping and chicken. Sprinkle with Parm-style topping, and top with string cheese coins.
Top or serve salad with dressing. EAT!
Serving Size: 1 salad with dressing (entire recipe)
PointsPlus® value 9*