- 4 ears yellow or white corn in their husks
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon Essence (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 lime quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
Pull back the husks on the corn and remove the silk. Pull the husks back into place and soak the corn in a large bowl of water for at least 2 and up to 4 hours. Remove and drain on paper towels.
Preheat the grill.
In a small bowl, mix the butter, Essence, salt, and pepper until smooth. Pull the husks down and spread 1 tablespoon of the mixture evenly over each ear of corn. Pull the husks back into place, tying the ends if necessary to keep in place.
Place on the grill and cook until the kernels are tender, about 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
Remove from the grill and carefully peel back the husks. Place on a platter and squeeze lime juice over each cob. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.