HG's Shrimpylicious Egg Rolls
- 6 large square egg roll wrappers (found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket with the other Asian items)
- 4 cups (about half of a 12-oz. bag) dry coleslaw mix
- One 6-oz. can (4 oz. drained) tiny shrimp, drained
- 1/2 cup canned water chestnuts, drained and sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced widthwise
- 2 tbsp. light or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- dash pepper
- Optional: sweet & sour sauce, for dipping
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. MAKES 3 SERVINGS
Place slaw mix in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tbsp. of water, cover, and microwave for 2 minutes. Drain any excess water, and transfer slaw mix to a large bowl. Add all other ingredients except for the wrappers, mix well, and set aside. (For more intense flavor, allow mixture to marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.) Prepare a large baking sheet by spraying it lightly with nonstick spray.
Place two egg roll wrappers on a clean, dry surface. Evenly distribute about 1/2 cup of the mixture onto each wrapper, in a row a little below the center. Moisten all four edges of each wrapper by dabbing your fingers in water and going over the edges smoothly.
Fold the sides of each wrapper about 3/4-inch towards the middle, to keep the mixture from falling out of the sides. Then, roll the bottom of each wrapper up around the mixture, and continue rolling until you reach the top. Seal the outside edge with another dab of water. Carefully transfer egg rolls to the baking sheet.
Repeat process twice with remaining wrappers and filling, making sure you have a clean, dry surface each time.
Spray the tops of the egg rolls with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly. If you like, dip egg rolls in some sweet & sour sauce!
Serving Size: 2 egg rolls
PointsPlus® value 5*
HG Alternative! If you're not into shrimp so much, just swap 'em for 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms and you'll have fantastic veggie egg rolls. Woohoo!