Baked Ziti by ADM
- 16 oz pkg ziti pasta -- cooked al dente
- 1 lb Italian sausage -- casings removed
- 52 oz jars marinara sauce (or, homemade)
- 1 1/2 tsp basil -- divided
- 12 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbs Italian seasoning -- divided
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese -- shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Cook ziti; drain.
2. Brown sausage, drain, crumble, set aside.
3. Heat marinara sauce with 1 teaspoon basil until bubbling.
4. Mix ricotta, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Spread bottom of a greased 13x9x2" baking dish with sauce.
5. Layer 1/2 of ziti, 1/2 of sausage, 1/2 of ricotta, 1/2 of mozzarella. Spoon half of sauce over top. Repeat layers. Sprinkle top with remaining basil and Italian seasoning.
6. Bake 350 degrees, 40-45 minutes.
Nutrition (per serving): 410 calories, 144 calories from fat, 16.2g total fat, 51.1mg cholesterol, 1001.2mg sodium, 580.5mg potassium, 45.1g carbohydrates, 1.5g fiber, 11.2g sugar, 20.8g protein, 9.9 points.