Taco Quinoa Turkey Skillet
- 20 oz. Jennie-O taco-seasoned ground turkey
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 15 oz. can dark red kidney beans, drained (you can substitute black or pinto beans if you prefer)
- 8.75 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes seasoned with garlic and onion
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 c. dried quinoa
- optional toppings: shredded Mexican-blend cheese, sour cream, sliced green onions, salsa, guacamole
Adapted from wearychef.com
Spray a large skillet or dutch oven with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add turkey and onion, and brown and crumble until meat is mostly cooked through. Stir in garlic, and cook two minutes longer.
Add beans, corn, tomatoes, and water, and bring to a simmer. Stir in quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed. Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!