Skordalia Me Kapari (Potato Garlic Dip with Capers)
- 2 cups day-old whole wheat bread, cubed and soaked in water until softened,
- 3 to. 5 cloves garlic, quartered.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive ail.
- 1/4 cup capers, preferably salt-packed, rinsed and drained,
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
- 1/2 cup blanched whale almonds, soaked
- overnight in water and drained.
- 1 medium potato, bailed, peeled and mashed.
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Salt to. taste
Squeeze the moisture from the bread and place it in a food processor. Add the garlic and process into a smooth paste. With the motor running, add the oil a little at a time. Add 3 tablespoons of capers and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice. Add almonds and pulse a few times until nuts are coarsely ground. Scrape the mixture into a medium bowl and fold in the potato. (Don't try to mash potatoes in the processor; it'll make them gluey). Season with pepper. Add salt if desired. Add more pepper and lemon juice to taste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with additional capers. Serve with crudites and pita or other bread.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (438 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Garlic Cheese Bread 4.6/5 (318 Votes)
- Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (298 Votes)