Bloody Bull Cocktails With Fried Elephant Garlic Chips
- FRIED ELEPHANT GARLIC CHIPS:
- 6 cups canola oil for deep frying
- 1 cup very thinly-sliced elephant garlic cloves (abt 1/8" slivers)
- 4 rosemary branches
- Salt to taste
- BLOODY BULL COCKTAILS:
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup canned double-strength beef broth
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
For the Fried Garlic: In a heavy 2-quart pot, heat the oil to 350 degrees over medium heat. Carefully skewer some of the sliced garlic onto the rosemary skewers. Carefully add the garlic-rosemary skewers to the hot oil and fry until golden brown and crisp, about 45 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Season with salt ,to taste.
For the Bloody Bull: Combine all the ingredients in a small pitcher and stir well to combine. Fill 2 tall glasses with cracked ice. Pour the cocktails over the ice and serve immediately with rosemary branches.
This recipe yields 2 drinks.