NO ROLL SUGAR COOKIES
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cream together sugars and butter with a mixer at medium speed. Add eggs and mix well. Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and vanilla; mix well. Chill 15 minutes.
3. Roll dough into walnut-size balls. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten with the bottom of a glass that has been dipped in sugar. Bake about 10 minutes, until light golden.
Makes 5 dozen cookies.
Tip from Our Test Kitchen: This dough is perfect for keeping in the refrigerator for about one week. then pulling out a portion to bake a dozen cookies at a time.