SOUR CREAM RAISEN BARS
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
2. Combine raisins and water in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes; drain well and set aside to cool.
3. Combine brown sugar, butter, oats, flour and soda in a medium bowl; mix well. Press half the mixture (about 2 cups) into the bottom of pan to form a crust. Bake 7 minutes, until partially cooked and slightly set.
4. Combine egg yolks, granulated sugar. sour cream, cornstarch, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan and stir until cornstarch is dissolved. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and resembles pudding, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in the raisins and vanilla.
5. Pour onto crust and crumble remaining oat mixture evenly
over top. Bake 25 minutes, or until set. Cool completely on a
wire rack and refrigerate 1 hour before cutting.