Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
- Large salmon fillet (recipe calls for 2lbs, but I just get a big one)
- 1 tsp all purpose seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash original blend)
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small chunks
- Creamy Dill Sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 Tbsp finely shredded onion
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp dill weed
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- Dash ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; grease the foil lightly.
2. Place salmon fillet with skin side down on foil. Season salmon with all purpose seasoning and onion salt; top with onion rings and lemon slices, dot with butter. Fold foil around salmon and seal tightly.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Unseal the foil and turn the oven's broiler on “Low”. Continue cooking the salmon under the broiler until the flesh flakes easily with a fork, 8 to 12 minutes.
4. While the salmon bakes, combine all ingredients for creamy dill sauce and chill. Serve with the salmon.