Three-cheese Eggplant Bake
- 1 Eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/2" think slices
- 1/2 C EVOO
- 1 Yellow onion chopped
- 2-3 Cloves garlic
- 3-4 Tbs sun dried tomatoes
- 4-6 C Spinach Leaves
- 2 Tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 C Ricotta Ch
- 1 C Shredded whole milk mozzarella ch (4 oz)
- 1/2 C Grated Parmesan Ch (2 oz)
- 4-5 Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat the oven to 325.
Place eggplant slices in a baking pan. Brush both sides of the slices with most of the oil, reserving about 2 Tbs. Bake for 20 min. Remove the eggplant but leave the oven on.
Heat the remaining 2 TBS oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach and cook until onion softens.
Scatter the tomato wedges over the eggplant. Spread the spinach mixture on top. Top the spinach mixture with the tomato sauce.
Mix together ricotta and Mozzarella cheeses in a bowl. Spread the cheese mixture overt he tomato sauce and sprinkle with the basil. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
Bake uncovered until bubbling and the cheese is melted, about 30 min.