Slow Cooker Stuffing with Sausage
- 12 cups toasted bread crumbs or dressing mix
- 1 lb. bulk sausage, browned and drained
- 1/4-1 cup butter (enough to flavor the bread)
- 1 cup or more finely chopped onion
- 1 cup or more finely chopped celery
- 8oz can sliced mushroom, with liquid
- 1/4 fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. poultry seasoning (if not using dressing mix)
- dash of pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups chicken stock
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 275mins
1. Combine bread crumbs and sausage
2. Melt butter in skillet. Add onions and celery and saute until tender. Stir in mushrooms and parsley. Add seasonings. Pour over bread crumbs and mix well.
3. Stir in eggs and chicken stock.
4. Pour into slow cooker and bake on High 1 hour and on Low an additional 3 hours.